Resolving Differences By Putting You And Your Family First

What if my spouse controls all of our money?

When a spouse files for divorce, he or she can request temporary orders to obtain temporary spousal support, child support and interim attorney fees. Temporary orders can also impose a temporary visitation schedule for a parent, prevent the sale or transfer of community assets and require the disclosure of the financial information of the spouses, among other things.

In the end, the judge will be in control of your estate and has the force of law necessary to take charge of your marital property and divide it as the judge deems appropriate. During the pendency of your case, the judge can force your spouse to pay you temporary support so that you will have control of some money. In extreme circumstance, the judge can order all the property turned over to a receiver to administer your estate.